Haulin' Around: Finishing Up

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
This past weekend, I was finishing up my back to school shopping in town and came across some great things. I went to Ulta and TJ Maxx for makeup and clothes and I am ecstatic to share my things with you!

First off I went to Ulta and got these five things: Makeup Revolution New-Trals vs Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette, Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Madrid, the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in the Sandy Beige, and the Maybelline Define a Lash Mascara in the Waterproof Very Black.


The Makeup Revolution New-Trals vs Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette was is very decent so far. The shades will show up better with a eye primer or a white eyeshadow base, but these colors are really pigmented. My favorite shades so far in this palette so far are "New-Tral" (shimmery coral pink) and "Mode" (glittery gold and I love a good gold color). They also include matte colors, too ("Cool", "Neutral", and "Adapt"). This is also a good inexpensive travel palette.



Then I got the same brand (Makeup Revolution), but in a highlighter. The Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights is a good subtle highlighter that will build up when you add some more. Now that highlighters are the crave after these bold brows, I have been using light, shimmery colors from eyeshadow palettes (Dust from Naked 3, where are you) as highlighters, and even my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cashmere was used too. If I want something drastic, I'd use a NYX eye pencil, then use this blush behind it to set it in, but the swatch looks a little pigmented.


Then I am loving the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Madrid. If the shade was sheer, it would remind me of the color of the Black Radiance Baked Artisan Blush in the Warm Berry. But this shade is a full on lip color. It does fade a little throughout the day, but when it dries matte, it becomes a good opportunity for me to take a selfie in it.


For the rest of the products, I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in the Sandy Beige under my eyes as an undereye concealer, then I put some powder to set it in. It ended up looking flawless (shoutout to Danielle Marie on YouTube and my fifth grade friend Sydney). Then the Maybelline Define a Lash Mascara in the Waterproof Very Black is okay, but I realize that I should have bought the L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara because it actually does something to grow my lashes unlike the one I just bought.

Then I went to TJ Maxx and got great buys. First of all, I got a really good pair of jeans from the brand Blue Spice (this is the only brand I remembered from the shopping trip). It's their High Waist Ankle Jean and I got it in the wine red and the black. If you are petite, and you are concerned that other pairs of jeans bag up, then these jeans I have don't bag up very much. In fact, they stop just past my ankles perfectly without bagging or cuffing. You'll know what I mean in the photos (the wine jeans won't be seen too clearly until future posts, thank you dirty mirror).


Then I got another basic top (seen above) that will go with most things in my closet, and it's that turtleneck tank that is cropped. This top doesn't show much midriff, unless you have a longer torso with is a lot of people to me. It is a gray color, and this is a good top when dealing with layers, preferably in the bottom layers.

Then I am getting a little obnoxious about kimono cardigans; I am also obnoxious about tassels. This kimono has tassels, so it's a double whammy for me. This one has a cute print, and the colors are great for anytime of the year.


The last one is a little baggy on the sleeves, but I got it anyway because this top is really trendy. This top is an off the shoulder top with the tied sleeves. It is in a beautiful wine-purple color that kinda, eh, looks decent on my skin tone.


That is all for my recent haul. School is coming closer and I have a project to finish. So, Desi out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs