10 Back to School Hacks That Will Save You and Your Friends From Struggling

Monday, August 1, 2016

If I didn't do these hacks, I would never get my stuff together. Now I am ready to help those who are struggling and need some shortcuts. Here's some hacks that are pretty useful for school.

1. Being in school, I had to experience some of the most pungent smells I've had in my life. This is great for school supplies and especially your locker. I usually save perfume samples from magazines and stores and use them as air fresheners. I know some of the perfume smells can be too strong, but I think it is better than just rudely spraying in people's faces. You can also use it in your book bags and purses, too!
2. This is one of my favorite ways to study for a quiz/test/exam. There are times when you have absolutely no clue about a lecture and something important is coming up. This may be tedious, but thank me later; rewrite your notes. I would rewrite my notes in a notebook so I could be able to literally comprehend what the notes. If you are a visual learner, draw pictures or put on stickers/sticky notes. If you like colors, use highlighters and colored pens. Also, rewrite your notes in the prettiest penmanship possible so you can read the notes better and actually get attracted to it. Here are some inspirations in Pinterest.
3. Here's a real life situation: you pulled a all nighter, or you really needed some (more) sleep. You woke up pretty late, and you are in a rush to school. Plan a quick day routine. That means abridging your normal routine to fit that time span to get ready, but look good at the same time. My shortened makeup tutorial is to skip either foundation or eyeliner, apply mascara (or falsies), and lip color. Make sure you moisturize before your makeup, though. Also, plan quick day outfits. A dress for me is the quickest way to do it because it feels pretty, makes the outfit easy to accessorize, and you don't have to worry about putting on anything else (maybe except spandex shorts for modesty). Another outfit I would throw on would be a cute oversized knit top and leggings (as long as I try to follow the dress code) for the same reasons.
4. Have a bad hair day too? I would apply oil (I like coconut or black castor oil), and throw it into a ponytail or bun. Maybe involve braids or twists, too.
5. Who else hates embarrassments? I had some incidents that really display my growth in being prepared for school. If I didn't think about an emergency kit, there would be even more embarrassments and more L's handed out to me. This emergency kit I'm talking about will contain hygienic stuff that will help me survive the year. I would include: feminine stuff, mints, body spray, lotion/Vaseline, mirror, floss picks, deodorant, and more to be continued in another blog.
6. If you referred to number 3, and want to be even more prepared, do a weekly prep. This really goes for people who pack their lunch to school, just like I do. Prepare your food for next week by making lunches earlier so you can save extra time. Also, you can do the same for the outfits so you won't be like Cher in the middle of Clueless with her clothes all over the floor.
Then here are 4 extra tips that you can do on your phone!
1. I feel like YouTubers say this on every single back to school hack video I watch. The did this for a very good reason: to prevent you from being lost all over the school. Take a picture/screenshot of your schedule, and save it as your background (preferably the lock screen). When you need to know where to go, you can turn your phone on, and your schedule is literally right there.
2. Okay, I HATE WAKING UP EARLY FOR SCHOOL!!!! In fact, I am an evening person because I am a lot slower in the mornings. What I would do is that I set up at least two alarms, one at the time I wake up and the other one hour back from the time I wake up. That way my when the first alarm goes off, my brain signals me to go back to bed at the time one hour from the time I need to wake up. And also, I can actually get myself up better at the second alarm.
3. My junior year was the first year I actually start taking college credit courses. What my fellow classmates did was that they created a group on Groupme, and everyone started helping each other out when it comes to pesky assignments. If you often struggle in a class, create a group chat on Groupme, or even on your phone's messaging system, so you can get ideas on how to succeed in a class. Also, find a way to contact your teacher, or the smartest person in that class, and I guarantee you that you will be able to get the best advice needed, too.
4. In school, there are important tasks to do, and sometimes we forget to do things. Well, I do. If you are tech savvy, or get on your phone too often, then you can set an alarm on your phone, title the task you need to finish, and put the alarm ringtone on silent, and here ya go. It will remind you over and over again until you finish that task.

Here are my hacks that really helped me during school. If you have any more tips different from what you see here, feel free to put it in the comments because I like trying new hacks. Until then, Desi out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs