Haulin' Around: Back to School Shopping Trip #1

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

That Saturday, my mom and I went to a really good sale at Belk. When I'm at Belk, concerning my style change from that preppy and conservative look to a more open, mature boho-maybe-whatever-the-heck-is-on-trend, I sometimes have good days; sometimes I don't. This time was a really good trip solely because everything I wanted that was too high for my budget finally got on sale in the most pleasant way there is. Here's the things that I will be seen in:

 
(L to R: Wet n Wild H20 Proof Eyeliner in Black, e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer in Clear, Black Radiance Artisan Baked Blush in Warm Berry, and e.l.f. Professional Angled Blush Brush)
First of all, let's start with the makeup I got at CVS. I had a coupon in which if you buy $20 or more worth of products, you get $3 off. I am impressed by all of these products. Before I buy my stuff, I usually read and watch reviews on YouTube so I know if the product is good or not. That way I would not waste my money. I was really impressed with the hydrating primer, especially at $6. I have a matte foundation, L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte foundation is great (even for dry skin, thank me later), so I can put it on after I apply the primer. I did not break out at all, knowing that I have sensitive, dry skin. The blush is a beautiful shade, flattering my warm skin tone. It is a red, berry shade with warm undertones, plus it really lasted me for hours. Not too many blushes I had before did that at all. Then, the blush brush used to apply was really soft, and applied the product really well. Then the eyeliner was okay to apply, but it produces a very black swatch. This eyeliner lasted for hours, and it was only $4 (boo-yah!!!). Hopefully I could get the rest of the makeup I needed.

Then I went to Belk, and perhaps to say this was the best shopping trip there since like Christmas last year. Most of the items were on sale or on clearance with extra off. First of all I got a Anne Klein handbag for school, and this is an ivory color (all photos are not that true to color so you know). I have been eyeing this bag for weeks, especially the shape. Just look how beautiful the shape of the purse is. This will go with almost every outfit I wear this year. It has a lot of compartments to put some things in there. It is also small enough for school, sporting events, school events, field trips, dinner/lunch/food dates, etc. I did mention that it is ivory, right? And since it is a color all year round, even in the winter, I can wear it all year long. Score!
 
 Then I got this fuschia top with the utterly adorable scallops on top. These were one of these tops that stay really pricey ($35 for this, no way!) until they are put in the clearance with extra off. This was around $20 bucks for a clearance price, which is a tad bit pricey, but it was worth it. I liked the darts put in in order to fit the bust. These are the tops that I like to throw a necklace and kimono over it to complete with ripped jeans and cute shoes.

 This is really the cutest skirt ever, especially for a huge fan of scallops like me. This is in a cute crimson color, one of my future colleges school colors, that will pair well with many tops. I like to pair these with an off the shoulder blouse and sandals for now, then a turtleneck sweater, tights, and booties for later.

 This is another skirt I really like, and perhaps the cutest jean skirt I've owned. We all need a basic jean skirt, now that they're in for the fall. Also the lace up trend is in, and I think this skirt is great for sporting it. I would do it the same way I did the crimson colored skirt.

 I am pretty much one of the last ones that captured the trend. It's that top that you can transform to an off the shoulder, strapless, or one-shouldered top with the top ruffle. Almost every blogger jumped to this trend, and now I will before it's too late. I recommend to do the off the shoulder look that is appropriate for school, but do customize to the dress code you are advised to for school if you plan to do this trend. I wanted to buy a long, black choker which ends end hang loose to go with it. Then I can pair this with black jeans, and my Charlotte Russe black booties to make a but feminine, but grungy look. Then a dark lip and not so much smokey eye look can complete it.

Then these are the two pairs of jeans that I got. The first one is by Jessica Simpson, and I really adore the rips on the knees. I really did not remember having a pair of jeans this constructed (now you are realizing how conservative I used to be) like this. I can also cuff these to showcase my pretty pairs of shoes, well both of the jeans. Then the second one is by a brand I'm not that familiar with, but will probably be my go to pair of jeans. Then that will go with almost any top if I feel like having a denim day.

 

 I couldn't rotate this picture, but this is one of the "eh, I'll buy it" dresses. This is a comfortable one, and I'm pretty fond of the high neck trend at the moment, and hopefully I could be able to experiment it with some things in my closet. It is a blue striped, and has pockets in the front. I guess this is a summer dress for now.

Then we need a pair of black pants, and this is in a fabric appropriate for like, concert occasions. At the same time, this is also a good pair of pants for the winter, since it fit me like a glove. This pair kinda bunches, but I not that fond of the fit yet, but I still need a pair of black pants.

I've saved the best piece from Belk for last, and it's this fun off the shoulder top. This is a mustard yellow top with pretty sleeves. The sleeves have kind of a lace detailing that zig-zags. Then the cut is flattering, I guess, with the point going down. I think that elongates your torso, right?

 Then there was a huge sale from H&M, and I snagged this cute romper with this beautiful print that brings out my skin tone. Plus, this is fifteen dollars. I like that this romper has a clip-hook closing at the bust to kinda of change the look and to actually put on this romper. This is great for going out, or if I want to look sassy for school (forget that doing it for once, I'm looking that way most of the time, except for exam days or something).

Then I like to hit up at the sale section at Versona because that side knows what's up, basically. The first necklace is literally getting slept on. Ugh, I have no up close photos, but I will in the future. But it's this necklace with these tassels, and a stone wrapped around by beads. Then it has the beads all over. This is really beautiful, especially with any of the tops I bought.

I always liked these small bracelets, $1.99 for a stack of 2 or 3. These, in particular are cute; one has cubes, then triangles, then the small rectangle ones on the ends. I recommend picking these up at the sale section if you come by at Versona. Then the one that looks like a Lokai bracelet, but with a Kendra Scott twist, is too cute. I am improving my stack game, so hopefully I get more bracelets like these.

I'm a sucker for stone earrings, so I picked up these with the opal-y-ish stones. These are literally beautiful, and will go with most outfits.

Then I went to Bath and Body Works to get another stock of HandBac in my favorite scents. I really like the stress relief in eucalyptus spearmint because I love everything mint and everything mint smells so good. This is a really good de-stressing scent because I will be really stressed this year, and mint really calms me down. Then I became a sucker of the marshmallow pumpkin latte, even though it's so funny that I won't really eat it as a drink. Really though, even if you don't like the taste of those things, the smell is so pleasant, especially for fall.

Okay, these are the things that I got from the haul. Many more things are to come, hopefully by the first day of school. Yesterday, I purchased my new backpack, and I am sooooooo excited for it to come at the end of the week. This bookbag got some neon accents of color, so I will probably look for things that kinda go with that theme for bookbag. Hopefully I can use my bookbag, even into my college years, if things don't get hectic. This is what it looks like:


Thank you for viewing this huge post. Maybe the next haul will be a try-on haul. Tell me how you think about it in the comments. Okay, Desi out!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs